The Indus Entrepreneurs (TiE), was founded in 1992 in Silicon Valley by a group of successful entrepreneurs, corporate executives, and senior professionals with roots in the Indus region. There are currently 11,000 members, including over 2,500 charter members in 60 chapters across 17 countries. TiE’s mission is to foster entrepreneurship globally through mentoring, networking, and education. Dedicated to the virtuous cycle of wealth creation and giving back to the community, TiE’s focus is on generating and nurturing our next generation of entrepreneurs.
The foremost and most widely known event that TiE hosts is TiEcon, which is the largest professional and networking conference for entrepreneurs. TiE also hosts a wide range of programs events catering to various industry verticals, educational events hosted by TiE Institute, TiE Young Entrepreneurs (TYE) program to foster entrepreneurship in our youth, and TiE Women’s Forum for empowering women entrepreneurs.
Besides its flagship event, TiECon - the largest professional conference for entrepreneurs, TiE now has a wide range of programs including Special Interest Groups (SIGs), TiE Institute, Deal Flow Meetings, TiE Young Entrepreneurs, and, most recently, TiE Women’s Forum and CEO Forum.
Reasons for TiE’s Success
- 2,500+ experienced entrepreneurs and business executives as Charter Members
- 8,500 aspiring entrepreneurs and professionals as members
- 60 chapters in 17 countries
- TiE has a singular focus on wealth creation through entrepreneurship
- Inspires and educates budding entrepreneurs
- Holds regular workshops and networking meetings
- Provides role models and one-on-one mentorship
- Hundreds of dedicated volunteers
- Stellar sponsors include top VC firms, fortune 500 companies, as well as startups and professional service providers
- Willing to establish chapters in both vibrant economies as well as under-developed areas
- Encourages cross border trade and free enterprise policies internationally
- Membership is open to all
- Largest pool of intellectual capital anywhere
- TiE Brand is globally synonymous with entrepreneurship
- TiE’s annual professional conference, TiECon, is regarded as the largest entrepreneurial forum in the world
- TiE has helped boost the economies of the communities in which it operates
- Economic wealth creation estimated at $200 billion
- Significant involvement in social entrepreneurship
- Influenced liberalization of key economic sectors in India and Pakistan