TiEQuest Business Venture Competition
- Over $150,000 in prizes and an opportunity to win up to $1,000,000 investment from sponsoring funds
- Mentoring to all contestants from successful entrepreneurs and business leaders in the industry
- Opportunity to present to, network with and be judged by fund managers, angel investors and venture capitalists
- Multi-stage competition which forces contestants to give considerable thought to business models and success factors
Entry Deadline: January 31, 2012 @ 11:55 p.m. EST
Enter the competition here: http://www.tiequest.org/
TiEQuest contestants have gone on to raise Angel & Venture Capital financing, grown their businesses,
and have been acquired. TiEQuest has over 25 success stories.
TiEQuest 2012's Chair, Haroon Mirza, was a TiEQuest 2007 contestant. His company, CognoVision, finished as a semi-finalist in the contest, went on to be named "Canada's 2009 Innovation Leader" by the Canadian Innovation Exchange and was acquired by Intel in 2010.
The competition is based in Toronto and is open to all existing and aspiring entrepreneurs.
The competition is open to all types of entities (corporation, partnership, proprietorship, etc.) established by between 1 and 5 entrepreneurs or aspiring entrepreneurs.
Contesting entrepreneurs may not be directors or officers of TiE, or family members of competition organizers or judges.
Contesting entrepreneurs may not be members of more than one entity entering the competition; each entity may only make one submission.
Submission must be the entrepreneur's original idea - proof of origination should be available.
The business idea may be new or already implemented.
Total third-party funding raised in the business as of date of entry should not exceed $2,000,000.
The contestants must have developed the business venture themselves and be serious about seeing the business venture through to reality
Please visit www.tiequest.org for further details.
TiEQuest is an annual business venture competition held in Toronto to encourage entrepreneurship, engage emerging entrepreneurial talent and to create an ecosystem of entrepreneurship. The mission of TiEQuest is to connect entrepreneurs and business enthusiasts with the private equity and venture capital industry.
TiEQuest is open to all current and aspiring entrepreneurs. TiEQuest value proposition is:
- TiEQuest provides a strong start to the winners with a higher probability of success in their venture.
- TiEQuest judges and mentors are successful entrepreneurs and experienced investors/fund managers who provide a very high level of mentoring to the contestants with no cost to the contestants.
- TiEQuest provides its winners with in kind services and support from its vast network of In-Kind Sponsors. These services include Intellectual Property advisory, Legal and patent services, Access to Government Sponsored Funds, and IT advisory. These services are provided free to the winners.
- TiEQuest maintains and monitors the progress of its contestants and provides any help that it can even after the competition is over.
TiEQuest was started in 2005 with the purpose of helping startups and new businesses. TiEQuest helps bridge the gap between up-and-coming business people and the investment industry. The competition helps generate new ventures and give entrepreneurs the encouragement and the support to help them succeed and turn their dreams into reality.